Sunday, February 15, 2009

This Shit is the Shit

For seriously, guys:


It is so good. It is so good, it makes me want to cry that it is a local (IL) company, and is only available round these parts. Upton's Naturals makes an Italian-Sausage-Style Seitan in addition to the Chorizo-Style, and they are both awesome. It's one of those things that's so delicious, like the "fat-free" frozen yogurt on Seinfeld, that I'm just waiting for a loophole. So far, so good.

Sometimes I just eat it cold out of the bag for a quick protein boost. Other times, it gets mixed in things, like rice slurries or pasta creations, or put on top of things, like pizza or... pizza....

Just tonight, I mixed some of the Italian-Style in with my gourmet mushroom pasta sauce, thereby making an already delicious thing more delicious and chock full o' protein. 

Upton's Naturals, I salute you and your ingenious seitan ways!

No comments:

Post a Comment